Experiencing beauty in your creative life

Sunday, April 1, 2012

"I'm in love, i'm in love and I don't care who knows it!" Buddy the Elf

I know, I know!  You have heard me say this a million times, about paper, fabric, rubber stamps and anything that has caught my eye on a particular day.  But today's object of adoration is simply to wonderful not to share.

Sooooo...here she is!



Is she not the most beautiful thing ever?  She is a replica of a vintage Santos.  Which really  meant nothing to me until I brought her home yesterday.  After her photo shoot I let her take a little break and I did some research.  It is always so cool to me when you find something you love and low and behold you loved it before you even knew it existed.  Which is the case here.

Although I am not particularly religious (not at all really) I have always love religious artifacts and art work.  Mostly of the Spanish variety.  Every time we visit my son in Tyler, there is store there that I am so intrigued with, I will go in one day even if Bo just waits in the car.  They sell Mexican religious artifacts, shoes, and work boots.  Odd?  Kinda. Cool?  Oh Yeah!  Anyway when I was drawn to this little beauty I had no idea that she was a replica of Spanish religious artifacts.  Which proves you are never to old to learn something new!  If you would like to read more about Santos, there is a great definition on Wikipedia .


What kind of art are you drawn to?  I would love to hear, who knows maybe I will find something else to love.

Have a great week!
jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment